Present a Workshop!
Workshops at SisterSpace are collaboratively built by the people attending the Weekend. Our goal is to put together a schedule of workshops that are as interesting and diverse as our many attendees. In the past, SisterSpace has offered workshops focusing on sexuality, feminism, relationships, body painting, self-improvement, financial planning, car maintenance, salsa dancing, and more!
Every year we have volunteers who are national speakers—professionals in their field—and those who are passionate about a topic and hope to facilitate a group discussion. Whatever the motivation, the workshop schedule is open to all attendees who wish to volunteer their time. We welcome you to share your passions and interests by facilitating a workshop.
Find out more about how you can volunteer as a workshop presenter:
Volunteering as a Workshop Presenter
All SisterSpace attendees, vendors, entertainers, and workers are welcome to submit a workshop proposal. You do not have to be a professional in your field. You just need a passion and a desire to facilitate a 50-minute discussion or activity with other women/nb AFAB folks.
Submission Deadline: August 1
We will accept late submissions, but priority selection and scheduling will be given to those who submit their proposal by the deadline.
Registration Deadline: August 15
If your workshop proposal is accepted, you must register and prepay in full by the deadline. Early registration ensures you pay the lowest price for the weekend. Final confirmation of your scheduled workshop will be sent after you register.
Looking For Inspiration?
Based on feedback we’ve received over the years, we are especially interested in hosting workshops on any of the following topics. The topics are presented in no particular order.
- Red Tent
- Trans Forum
- Black Lives Matter
- Salsa Dancing
- Cardio Boxing
- Dealing with homophobia in the work place
- Same sex domestic violence
- Blending families and childrearing
- Queer history
- Coalition building skills
- Financial planning—for younger and older women/nb AFAB
- Finding peace and joy in your life as a single woman/nb AFAB
- Women of Color forum topics
- Surviving cancer
- Fitness and nutrition
- Body image
- Gardening, composting, canning
- Book discussion on a preselected book
- How to use power tools
- Basic car maintenance
- How to knit or crochet
- Healthcare reform—making sense of the changes and new options
- Self defense
- Dance instruction—either line dances, salsa, or something else
- Breast casting
- Writing workshop
- Finding fulfillment in the retirement years
- Women’s communities for 55+ women/nb AFAB
- Changing health for 55+ women /nb AFAB
- Your great idea for a SisterSpace workshop!