To get started, go ahead and read the information below about volunteering. If you're think you're interested, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Your name, email, contact phone number
- Have you attended sisterspace in the past? (and if so, when?)
- Are you interested in any particular crew, or do you have any special skills (like medical, lifeguarding, cooking, etc) you'd like us to know about?
- Can you arrive on Thursday Sept 6th and can you stay until Monday, Sept 10th?
- Anything else you think we should know?
Thanks for your interest!
Here's some background on SisterSpace's volunteer culture and what you can expect as a volunteer:
Sisterspace is planned and executed entirely by volunteers. Volunteering is a great way for women who want to have a positive impact on our Weekend community to meet new people and get more involved. Volunteers are expected to commit 12 hours of time working at the Weekend in exchange for a greatly reduced admission fee. Most positions will require you to arrive Thursday afternoon or evening (September 6th), and some may require that you stay until Monday morning (September 10th). Volunteers are also cordially invited to attend our worker-only "Thanksgiving get-together" Sunday evening after the close of the festival; it's a delicious way to relax and celebrate another successful Weekend with your fellow volunteers.
Volunteering can be hard work, and it's vital to the success of the Weekend. We need people who are truly interested in pitching in to make the Weekend function, and are willing to commit to showing up and fulfilling their role to the best of their ability. If your sole reason for volunteering is for the reduced admission, we strongly suggest that you consider applying for a scholarship instead.
So - let's recap:
- For most positions, volunteers are required to work 12 hours during the course of the weekend in exchange for steeply discounted festival admission, lodging, meals, etc.
- Volunteers contribute $110 toward their registration.
- Volunteers are not required to submit a $50 workshift deposit.
- Most positions require volunteers to arrive Thursday afternoon or evening (September 6th), and some may require volunteers to stay until Monday morning (September 10th).
- Volunteers are invited to attend our "Thanksgiving get-together" Sunday evening at the close of the festival.
If you have any questions, feel free to direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!